Just found this link: The International Obfuscated C Code Contest. The rules are:
- To write the most Obscure/Obfuscated C program under the rules below.
- To show the importance of programming style, in an ironic way.
- To stress C compilers with unusual code.
- To illustrate some of the subtleties of the C language.
- To provide a safe forum for poor C code. 🙂
Previous winning entries are here.
I think we need to start a similar contest for scientific publications. The more I work in science, the more I wonder at the ability of scientists to describe simple things in an over-complicated, too scientifically looking manner.